Monday, August 24, 2009

Chapter Three

After little while she called him. When he walked back into her room, she’d just combed her hair. She looked cute in that deep blue shirt and the matching sleep-pants without any make-up.

“See, that’s my sister and not that clown one hour ago.” Jon said smiling. She smiled shortly. She still wasn’t comfortable with everything they talked about.

Jon walked over to her and scooped her up in his arms. She screamed surprised, because she didn’t expect him at all to do that. Jon laughed and spun her around once before he placed her gently on the mattress and pulled the covers over her.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him down to sit next to her.

“Try to sleep, baby.” He said and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. She nodded and snuggled close to him. His hands ran gently through her hair and after a while he could feel her growing heavy in his arms. Carefully he stood up and walked over to the door.

“John?” he turned around once more. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Franie. Sweet dreams.”



*****************************


“I’m surprised you were able to talk to her like this.” Dot said on the phone after he told her about the evening and his idea. He chuckled.

“Believe me, honey! No one is more surprised than me. Just don’t count on it that I’ll have such a conversation with Steph in couple years.” Just the thought made him shudder.

Dot laughed. “I knew you would leave the hard work to me.”

“Yeah, but I know you’ll handle it just perfect. Ok, I will try to get a hold of my parents before it’s too late. I talk to you tomorrow. Love you, Dot.” He said smiling.

“Love you too. Bye John.” Dot replied softly.

John took a deep breathe before he dialled his parents phone number. After a little small talk he told them about the evening. His parents were more then shocked about Franie’s behaviour. His mother regretted that she let her daughter go with Jon on Tour as a reward for her good grades at school and his dad was close to fly out and bring her home, but Jon could calm them down.

He told them about his idea to take her shopping and make her see that she could look great without showing everything and let his stylist show her how to use make-up the right way and get a hair cut.

“Hmm…I like the idea to take her shopping…” his mother started.

“Really?” Jon was surprised. He thought she would feel left out.

“John…I know very well that with fifty-seven I’m not the ideal shopping partner for a teenage girl.” Jon chuckled lightly. “I count on you that she’ll not look…uhm…slutty.” Jon nearly choked at his wine when his mother said that. “Don’t fall for her charm!”

“I won’t. I promise, mom.” Jon said and checked for red wine spots on the white couch.

“And please make sure her hair isn’t too short. I still wanna have a girl and not a fourth son.” His father added. Jon laughed out loud.

“Ok, I’ll make sure you get a daughter back and not another son.”



******************************


“Are you ready to do some shopping?” Jon asked Fran when they finished breakfast the next morning.

“Shopping?” she looked not really happy.

“Yep, we’ll get some professional help…come on.” He pulled her to her feet and dragged her out of the hotel room.

At first it seemed Fran wanted to run back into the hotel when they reached the shop, but after a while and some useful tips and tricks from the saleswoman she relaxed and totally enjoyed it. Jon smiled when she showed him outfit after outfit and asked for his opinion. Finally she seemed to get a feeling for the clothes that looked good on her.

When they arrived back at the hotel and his stylist with all her different items and utensils spread out in the suite told her she would help her with make-up and her hair, tears started to prickle in Fran’s eyes.

“Thank you, John.” She said sniffing.

“You are welcome, baby girl. I leave you alone with Claire now and pick you up at seven. You and I go out for dinner.” Jon hugged her smiling. She nodded excited.

Three hours later he entered an empty suite. Jon fronwed. It wasn’t Franie’s style to be unpunctual.

“Franie? Are you ready?” he asked.

The door to her room opened and she entered the living area. Jon blinked once…twice. He was speechless. She looked absolutely amazing, but at the same time still like his little sister…just a bit more grown up.

She wore tight blue jeans Bermudas that were revert once and stopped shortly above her knee, a light green t-shirt with some funny island panorama and a neckline that let one shoulder bare, but didn’t show anything else. She completed the outfit with cute two inch sandals.

“Wow! Franie, you look stunning.” He said smiling.

“Thank you.” She beamed. “Do you like the hair cut?”

Her blond hair was shorter now, but still long enough to please his father. It had some light blond highlights and was tiered. Somehow it made her look fresh and funny. The light make-up with pink eye shadow and lip-gloss aided the look and made her blue eyes appear even bluer.

“Yeah, it’s great. I really have to watch out for you tonight.” Jon only half joked. She laughed.

“Yeah, sure. Uhm, you didn’t tell me where we are going, so I hope this outfit is ok…”

“It’s fine baby.” He paused shortly. “Ready for your favorite restaurant?”

“Olive Garden! Really?” she clapped her hands excitedly. Jon laughed.

“Yep, let’s go” he extended his arm to her.

“John…” he looked her questioning. “Thank you. For everything.” She said softly.

“Everytime, baby. Everytime.” He placed a kiss on her cheek. “Come on, I wanna show you off!”

“Are you sure you can handle that?” she asked teasing.

“Oh, yeah. I’m sure.” Her big brother said and pulled her with him.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment